Monday, September 6, 2010

Chihuly Nights at Cheekwood



Well, I promised some new artsy stuff to add to my blog, and here is the first. This past Friday evening I went over to Cheekwood Botanical Gardens here in Nashville, TN to see Chihuly Nights. From May 25th to October 31st, they are featuring glass artist Dale Chihuly's work. On Wednesday, Thursday and Friday nights they light up the artwork and are open till 10:00 p.m. for Chihuly Nights. I've seen his glass works before in numerous places, but I've never seen it at night all light up. I gotta say it was pretty cool to see that. If your in the Nashville area I recommend going to see this exhibit as it is totally worth it!

You can read more about Dale Chihuly and his glass work at this website.

Shaw's Shout Out: I just happened to come across this Blog site called Izzie Grace Blog Backgrounds. She has all these adorable scrapbook type backgrounds for your blog. You just paste the code in and add the link to the image you want to use. So if you are starting an new blog or are wanting to give your current blog a new look, go check out this site!