Monday, October 20, 2008

I See Stars

.......Nashville Stars that is!

Living in Nashville, TN, I always get the question from folks elsewhere asking have I seen any Stars when I'm out and about. The answer to that is yes, from time to time I have seen a few stars. I've seen Vince Gill and Amy Grant more than once - once at a hockey game, once at a resturant and bar. I've seen Kenny Chesney hanging at a restaurant bar, and Allen Jackson at a school football game. Saw one of my old highschool hairband favs, Gunner Nelson of The Nelsons at Red Lobster. I almost ran over Ben Folds of Ben Folds Five as he was crossing the street on Music Row, and didn't look up before crossing! Luckly I didn't run him down! I also saw a few other celebs while I was waiting to meet a friend of mine at a conference at Opryland Hotel. I saw Paula Poundstone, Johnny Cockren, and some at the time MTV real life stars walking on by. I also met Dave Gibson, former singer of the Gibson/Miller Band and his wife Daisy Dern, a very wonderful talented singer as well. They attended a cheese tasting party I was at and also sang for us all. It was quite a treat, both the cheese and the singing!

There are other celebs in the Nasville area that get spotted here and there. Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban have been seen in Bongo Java having coffee. Jessica Simpson lives here now and apparently Kelly Clarkson as well. There have been story's of Justin Timberlake hanging out at clubs near downtown. I read an article that apparently celebs are moving to Nashville more and more because they do not have to deal with Paparatzi here. They are for the most part left alone here, and are not followed everywhere they go. I guess Nashville is too southern for the paparatzi or something.

I have on numerous occasions passed individuals that had to be stars, I just didn't know who they were. Which brings me to my next story.....

Last weekend I worked a show at the theater I usher at, and I took tickets so I was out front greeting everyone as they came in and scanning their tickets. It was the World Premier of the Conway Twitty Musical. His children decided to have his legacy live on and they arranged a musical to be formed about his life. The very first showing of this musical was right here in good ol Nashville, at the theater I happen to work at. So, there were all kinds of celebs at this event. The problem is, I didn't know who any of them were! I guess I need to brush up on my country! Or mabey not. The only one I could remotely pick out is who I believe was Kid Rock, but I can't be totally certain. I was polite to all of them and smiled as they came thru. I scanned their tickets and told them which way to go, as they all pretty much ignored me! There were a lot of media cameras at this event. At one point there was one pointing right at me as I was taking their tickets. So I have to laugh, there are photos or videos out there somewhere with me smiling at the camera taking tickets of famous people I don't even know! Ha Ha. I have been looking online for links to news blurbs about this event. CMT put a blurb on their site, and it listed some of the folks that were there that night. You can read it here.


Shaws Shout Out:
Todays shout out goes to a news clip about a large fire that occurred last week at a Murfreesboro fireworks store. Basically the whole thing blew-up and fireworks were shooting out everywhere and of course there were on lookers - its Tennessee you know! If you watch the video that is off to the right side, at one point you can hear people in the background oohhing and awwwing! Ha Ha, did they move out of the way? Probably not!

http://www.newschannel5.com/global/story.asp?s=9172446

No comments: