Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy Gobble Day


Happy Gobble Day from the Shawster.  I hope you get to eat all kinds of goodies and enjoy time with friends and family.  Is anyone traveling anywhere this year?  I get to stay put this year as the parents are coming here.  They are traveling in today.  

On a food note, this past weekend Jules and I went to Greenhills to check out our new health food store called Trader Joe's.  It was quite a neat place and the prices were very reasonable.  They had all kinds of stuff that looked really good.  We sampled some cider and cranberry gel and both were quite tasty.  If you have one in your area, go check it out!  Trader Joe's 

Shaw's shout out of the day:  Spotted Dick Pudding?!?!?
Today's shout out goes to my BFF and her hubby for sending this one on to me.  I have to say I got quite a laugh when I saw this.  Apparently this is a real product produced in England.  It is called Spotted Dick Pudding as you can see from the photos.  Now who's gonna eat that!?!  I guess the Brits huh, Ha Ha.  They bought this in a grocery store in their area and of course the bag boy had to laugh about it!  I told her she needed to fix this and try it!  So lookout maybe this is a dessert they will bring to their Thanksgiving outing!   Have any of you ever heard of Spotted Dick Pudding or have ever tried it?  Looks like it has raisin' s in it, thats all I can tell from the label.

2 comments:

Zu-Li Designs said...

Ha ha, Jeff and I are honored for the shout out. We will let you know if we find any other interesting grocery finds!

said...

Say What!!????