Sunday, September 28, 2008

Weirdo's on Campus

Ok, since I work on a college campus, I tend to see some weird undergrads walking around talking smack, acting like dumb butts and strutting around in either flip flops or stilletos - no joke. Every year I try to determine what the latest undergrad trend will be, since they tend to wear something new and dumb each year. Last year I never did pin point any one thing. They were mostly boring last year just wearing jeans, mini skirts and t-shirts. Nothing spectactular really. This year, so far, the only thing I can pin point is these white 80's style bulky roundish sunglasses. If I see them more than once on numerous undergrads, then I deem it as a current trend. So far that is all I've picked up on.

I've been thinking to myself as I walk around campus, I really need to carry my digital camera with me. Not my cell phone camera that really just takes crap photos, but the actual digital camera so I can take a good shot. Lately I keep seeing weird things while I'm out and about and I wish I had the chance for the photo opt. WELL, this week proved I need to start carrying a camera. I think on Wednesday, I was walking back from the gym, and I could hear this noise, like a boom box music kind of noise. I look over, and no joke, here is this "guy" walking along, with a cardboard hand made Juke Box on him. Only his arms and legs were out, and there was a slot for his eyes to see, and his head was covered. The box was all painted up to look like an old fashion Juke Box, and he was carrying an ipod, with speakers attached to it so all could hear, and it was playing techno type music! Now I've seen some weird undergrad things in the past 8 years of working on a college campus, but never anything as bizzare as this guy! I just watched him walking along, trying to figure out what his purpose or message was, and thought DAMN, I wish I had my camera on me! I blew it off, but as I was walking along the next day I saw this guy AGAIN! Same thing, Juke Box box on him and techno music playing away. So since I saw him twice, I am now going to try to remember to grab my camera before I head out and mabey I'll see him again to get a photo opt. If I do, I'll definantly post it here on my blog. Definate weirdo on campus!

Shaws shout out: Political Bingo
Ok, last election in 2004 there was this website with bingo cards you could print out that had all different funny canidate sayings with photos on it. The idea was you played bingo while watching any of the presidential debates. These cards were halirous. Everytime a canidate either said or did something on your card you marked it off to play bingo. This was fun to do with a group of folks. So I decided to see if that was still out there for this election. I found the website that created the political bingo cards, but there are no funny photos on it this time. While on this site I started to explore it, and found a funny Obama quote maker. Its like playing mad libs, you insert a few key words, and it generates an Obama style quote. It also gives you the html code so you can attach it to your blog, which I will attempt to do.

Website: http://www.buttafly.com/



Generate a Barack Obama Quote!




"These people haven't had low taxes for fifty years. So you can't be surprised if they get bitter and cling to their Itchy balls and their scrots and their blue balls. That's what my campaign is about. Teaching all the little people in this country that they can have kittens."
Generate your Barack Obama quote at Buttafly.com


1 comment:

Zu-Li Designs said...

oh Shaw, you are one funny chica! First of all, you HAVE to snap a photo of this stereo guy walking around. And second, I loved the Obama quote you made. I chuckled out loud. hee hee.