Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Gourmet Cupcakes

Howdy folks. I disappeared again. I keep thinking about bloggin, then I don't! What up with that? So I thought I'd grace your computer screens presence today with a new blog.

I took off work last Thursday as a day to myself to go out and do my Christmas shoppin. I really enjoyed the day off and enjoyed going out and about away from my regular routine. However the weather that day was disgusting! It rained all day and was windy, and eventually turned to snow on my way home. I spent the first part of my day shopping in downtown Franklin, TN. For folks out of town, this area is kind of a neat and touristy spot, with also a lot of history behind it as a major Civil War battle took place there. But now, its filled with local shops with a bit of character. I decided it was nice shopping somewhere local, putting money into the ecomony locally, and not in big chain stores. Although, I hit the chain stores in Cool Springs afterwards.

While shoppin in Franklin, I discovered a new eatery called the Curious Gourmet Cupcake Cafe. Store clerks in the stores I went in along the way kept mentioning to me to go in there and get a cupcake. So I did, and yummy! I had lunch there first, a bowl of the most awesome tomato basil soup. Then I had a Celebration cupcake - chocolate cake topped with Italian buttercream and garnished with sprinkles. Let me tell you, these are no ordinary cupcakes!! These things were awesome! Very very tastey, smooth icing, good cake, not too sweet, just right. I keep hearing about these places that sell these gourment cupcakes on the news around here. I kind of thought, ok, it's just a cupcake, how special is that? Well it is special! If you have any of these gourmet cupcake places in your area I recommend going to try it out. You'll be in for a treat!

I worked at the theater all weekend long. The Nashville Ballet has redone their version of the Nutcracker. They have an all new set and new costumes. It really is very pretty. The costumes are beautiful, and the set color scheme are rich pastel colors. I recommend going if your here in town.

So babies seem to be in the air lately. Friends Jodi and Tony from back home just had their second little girl. The Fabulous Illustrator (link to your right), friend Mary here in town, is scheduled tomorrow to have her second child, a little girl as well. There must of been something in the water around April! Found out college roommate Staci is expecting her second son in March. So hurray for all the babies!

Shout out for today: Curious Gourmet Cupcake Cafe

1 comment:

Zu-Li Designs said...

I went to the cupcake link and they look devine! mmmm mmmm Wish we had a cupcake store. I'd live there.